Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October Visiting Teaching Message


This month our visiting teaching message comes from Susan H:

As I read the visiting teaching message each month, I stand amazed at how inspired this program is“…designed to reach each member of the Church each month, both the active and the less active…”President Ezra Taft Benson, Ensign, September 1987
Earlier in the year, I invited the sisters in my group to make visiting teaching a goal for 2012. “[The Lord] said unto [Peter] the third time, Lovest thou me? And [Peter] said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep” (John 21:17).
Through visiting teaching, we have a unique opportunity each month to provide not only spiritual nourishment but to minister to the sisters of the Shirlington Ward."Ministering can take many forms -some large and some not so large. Often small acts of service are all that is required to lift and bless another: a question concerning a person's family, quick words of encouragement, a sincere compliment, a small note of thanks, or a brief telephone call. If we are observant and aware, and if we act on the promptings which come to us, we can accomplish much good....Countless are the acts of service provided by the vast army of Relief Society visiting teachers."President Thomas S. Monson, Ensign, January 2012
I know through personal experience that visiting teaching is a calling from the Lord and that today, I have a stronger testimony of its importance. I firmly believe through our careful ministering, we can touch the lives of the sister in the Shirlington Ward and we can be an example to others. I would encourage you to making visiting teaching a priority, set aside time each month to read the visiting teaching message so that you are better prepared to meet the needs of your sisters.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment